At HRBR, we specialise in men’s laser hair removal and our team have trained specifically with our male patients in mind. The most popular areas for treatment for men are the back, chest, shoulders, upper arms, neck, nose and ears.
Laser hair removal is a medical procedure that uses a concentrated beam of light (laser) to remove unwanted hair. Laser hair removal results in the permanent reduction of hair in an area such as the neck, back or chest.
During laser hair removal, a laser emits a light that is absorbed by the pigment in the hair. The light energy is converted to heat, which damages the hair follicles that produce hairs. This damage can stop or reduce future hair growth.
Laser hair removal of back, chest and shoulder hair are some of the most common treatments at HRBR. Many men report feeling self-conscious about excess hair in these areas when going swimming or on family holidays.
Laser hair removal of the upper arms can be very effective in permanently reducing the hair growth in these areas or for treating stray single hairs that often grow in these areas.
Laser hair removal can also be used to remove facial hair. Ear hair removal is also very common with our male patients. Ear hair can be difficult to manage and laser hair removal can be a very effective treatment in this area.
Laser hair removal has become increasingly popular for men over recent years. However, similar to hair transplantation, this is an unregulated area and therefore the quality of clinics offering laser hair removal in the UK and Ireland varies greatly.
HRBR offers laser hair removal at the highest standard
- Discreet and private treatment and waiting rooms mean that you will never sit in a crowded waiting room while attending HRBR.
- All of our nurses and technicians are trained up to a VTCT Level 4 in laser hair removal and have completed the recommended Laser “Core of Knowledge” training
- We have invested in the best equipment available in the market and work with the Cynosure Elite + laser, which can effectively treat many different skin types successfully.
- We are a medically led clinic, which means we have doctors on hand to oversee the treatment of our patients.
- HRBR is a JCI accredited clinic ensuring the highest standards in patient care and safety, so patients can rest assured they are in safe hands.
About the Author
Dr Dmitri Wall
MB BCh BAO RCP
Dr Wall contributes to a number of national and international committees and projects, such as the European Reference Network for Rare and Undiagnosed Skin Disease (ERN Skin), for which he is the eHealth lead, and the British Association of Dermatologists Health Informatics Sub Committee. He has presented regularly at national and international dermatology meetings, such as the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), British Association of Dermatologists (BAD) and European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology annual meetings.