At HRBR we also cater for female patients. Our staff have hours of experience in treating women’s legs, underarms, bikini line, face and other areas.
Laser Hair Removal Treatment Areas
The most common areas treated with laser hair removal for women at HRBR are;
Underarm laser hair removal can be very effective with most women being suitable for treatment as many have slightly darker hair in this area. This can mean that daily shaving of the area is a thing of the past along with ingrown hairs and nicks and cuts from razors.
For many women who attend HRBR for laser hair removal the legs are one of the first areas they have treated. As this is a large area, shaving and waxing can be time consuming during the summer months. Many women also report regrowth being an issue with them needing to shave daily or more.
The bikini line is particularly popular as most women find this a difficult area to manage with shaving or waxing. With shaving this area being more difficult many women turn to waxing but these visits can be time consuming and costly. Laser hair removal of the bikini line can do away with the need for regular waxing and shaving.
Facial laser hair removal for women is very popular. The most common areas treated are the brow, lip, jawline and chin. There can be many causes of facial hair “Hirsutism” in women including genetics, underlying conditions such as polycystic ovary syndrome and medications.
Medications can sometimes cause excess facial hair growth. Minoxidil, which is often prescribed in the treatment of female pattern hair loss, in some cases can cause hair growth not only on the scalp but also on the face. This can be managed through laser hair removal thus allowing our patients to continue on treatment without worrying about increased facial hair.
HRBR offers laser hair removal at the highest standard
- Discreet and private treatment and waiting rooms mean that you will never sit in a crowded waiting room while attending HRBR.
- All of our nurses and technicians are trained up to a VTCT Level 4 in laser hair removal and have completed the recommended Laser “Core of Knowledge” training
- We have invested in the best equipment available in the market and work with the Cynosure Elite + laser, which can effectively treat many different skin types successfully.
- We are a medically led clinic, which means we have doctors on hand to oversee the treatment of our patients.
- HRBR is a JCI accredited clinic ensuring the highest standards in patient care and safety, so patients can rest assured they are in safe hands.
For details on our prices see here.
Or for further information see our FAQ section.
About the Author
DR Maurice Collins
MB, B.Ch, BAO, DLO, FRCSI, FRCS, FRCSEd.
Registered with the Medical Council of Ireland
Dr Collins is Medical Director and Team Principal of Hair Restoration Blackrock. He was educated at Belvedere College Dublin and did his undergraduate medical studies at University College Dublin. After graduating as a doctor he trained in General Surgery and received his Fellowship (FRCSI) in this specialty from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
Find out more about DR Maurice Collins and our team of doctors and surgeons.